Saturday, July 8, 2017

Morgenstern's Finest Ice Cream

If I could only go to one ice cream parlor, Morgenstern's would be it.  Note there's almost always a long and slow line, but I keep going back and taking people back to wait in line because it's that good.  Perhaps part of the inefficiency (only adding in required mix-ins to order) is what makes the ice cream so good and fresh, so that's a bit of a catch 22.  Because of the long lines, they also only allow 1 taste, which makes it hard to decide because there are so many delicious sounding, unique flavors.  There are a lot of places that try to experiment with new flavor profiles that don't always work, but everything I've tried at Morgenstern's has been good.

2 things about me: 1) I'm a huge chocolate lover, and 2) I like trying out new things.  However, at Morgenstern's,  4 out of 5 times I get my favorite Vietnamese coffee and green tea pistachio flavors because...yum.  I'm also not usually a caramel person, but the salted caramel pretzel sundae is amazing (salted caramel ice cream on top of a gooey caramel cake, topped with pretzels and caramel).  It's quite large though, so either be very hungry or share.  (Once my husband tried to order the sundae just for himself, and they misunderstood and instead gave him a scoop of salted caramel ice cream instead...haha).  As for the other sundaes, the New God Flow was sort of underwhelming, and the King Kong Banana Split unnecessarily overwhelming with its 5 scoops of ice cream; I thought the pineapple and luxardo toppings made that one too sweet.
Photo of Morgenstern's Finest Ice Cream - New York, NY, United States. King Kong Banana Split
King Kong Banana Split
Photo of Morgenstern's Finest Ice Cream - New York, NY, United States. salted caramel pretzel
Salted Caramel Pretzel

I recently tried a couple of the seasonal flavors -- coconut espresso and blueberry chocolate -- and as expected, both were delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment