Thursday, November 30, 2017

Harry & Ida's Luncheonette -- Update (Soft Serve)

I've been waiting forever for the burnt sugar babka soft serve, and it finally came out yesterday...so I feel like I should include a quick review of that.

Sadly, it was not what I was waiting for.  The soft serve itself was good, but there was a powdery sea salt topping that was strangely sour, and it did not go with the soft serve at all.  I was also hoping for more babka, but it was essentially dehydrated and crushed babka, so if you didn't tell me it was babka, I would've had no idea.  I'm not sure that worked well as a topping either, since it didn't have the usual amazing qualities of fresh babka and lacked the crunch of other cookies or wafers (if that was the intent); instead, it was just kind of hard and burnt tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment