Sunday, September 24, 2017

The Tang - Take II

I finally came back to try some of the soup noodles, and while enjoyable overall, I'm not sure I would care to return anytime soon.  The service was also extremely slow, especially for a place where you order at the counter.  It was relatively empty when we arrived, but we waited an entire 30 minutes before getting our appetizer, and then close to another 10 minutes to get our noodles.  

Today we tried the fried turnip cake, which was nicely pan fried, but it was much denser than I'm accustomed to.  The mala beef noodle soup was pretty good, although the broth is on the herbal side (I didn't mind, but my husband thought it was too herbal).  The beef shanks were flavorful and tender though.  We also got the drunk noodles, which was saucier than expected for a soup noodle.  There was a bolognese-like sauce, and thinly sliced beef shank, which was also very tender and flavorful.  I think I would've preferred to just have this one as a dry noodle given the sauce.


See original review here.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment