Tuesday, October 11, 2016

TsuRuTonTan

There are already so many ramen restaurants in NYC, so I'm glad there's an exciting new udon place now...I've always preferred the thicker, chewier udon noodle and lighter broths to ramen.

I've ordered the sukiyaki and uni udons, and my husband's tried the TsuRuTonTan Deluxe and nabeyaki.  The sukiyaki was exactly how I imagined it; the broth was slightly sweet, and it was overall very flavorful.  The uni was a bit disappointing; there was barely any uni.  My husband enjoyed the deluxe, and the nabeyaki was light (I liked it, but he thought it was a bit bland).  I also had a spoonful of the curry from a friend's dish, and that was flavorful...I would be interested in ordering that for myself as we head into winter.

I like how you can pick thin or thick noodles (I think thin makes sense for cold noodles or saucy noodles, and thick for heartier broths).  Regular and large-sized portions are also the same size, which is good news for big eaters, but I thought the regular size was plenty.


Appetizers are okay, but you're going for the udon.

sukiyaki
nabeyaki
uni
deluxe
      

No comments:

Post a Comment