Sunday, August 13, 2017

Belgian Waffles Recipe

I love waffles.  I'll take waffles over pancakes any day.  But I'm particular about my waffles; I love the crunch and then the airy interior.  I don't like the super soft and flimsy waffles...if I wanted that, I might as well just eat a pancake.  So here's a recipe for Belgian waffles -- thick waffles that are crispy and chewy at the same time.

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 large eggs, separated
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder.  In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.  In a third bowl, beat egg yolks, and then add milk, melted butter, and vanilla, and mix well.  Stir in dry ingredients.  Finally, fold in egg whites into the batter.

Bake in a preheated waffle iron until golden brown.  (Be sure to butter the waffle iron or use enough cooking spray for ease of removal when done.)

No comments:

Post a Comment