Monday, August 21, 2017

Heidelberg Restaurant

I've walked by this place so many times but have never been in the mood for heavy meat, but my husband picked it and I had no veto rights since it was his birthday weekend, plus I happened to be really hungry.  Long story short, I'm glad we finally tried it.  We both really enjoyed everything.

  • Schnitzel a la Holstein -- schnitzel with a fried egg and anchovies; the schnitzel itself was nicely fried.  Fried just enough to be crispy but still tender and not dry on the inside or greasy on the outside.
  • Bratwurst -- seared pork sausage; tasted good, but not sure why one single sausage costs $19.75
  • Gebratene Ente -- roast duckling; I'm very picky about my duck, and this exceeded expectations.  It was very tender and juicy.

We wanted to try the black forest cake for dessert, but they ran out (but we were told it's very good), so perhaps we will have to come back and try that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment