Thursday, February 9, 2017

Momofuku Má Pêche

  
It's been a number of years since I've been to Má Pêche, and the menu's changed quite a bit.  I recently came with a big group of friends to try the char siu pork rack.  The short: it was good but not amazing.  I prefer Momofuku Ssam Bar's bo ssam and rotisserie duck for large format meals.

The char siu is essentially a big rack of roasted pork belly brought to you whole, and then sliced for you.  As one would expect with pork belly, it's extremely fatty.  For me personally, a few slices of it are glorious, but making an entire meal out of it is overwhelming.  I'd prefer to have more meat than fat.  The flavor was good though, and the sauces were spot on.

As an aside, we also tried the matcha pancakes.  They were pretty, and the lavender honey was delicious, but the matcha flavor wasn't that strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment