Saturday, February 25, 2017

White Gold Butchers

4 stars for food, but it was soooo slow that I'm rating it a 3 overall.  Good place if you're in the neighborhood, and I would definitely buy meat from the butcher if I lived closer, but not sure I would go out of my way to go.

Food (dinner):
Sourdough toast with mushrooms -- I was excited to try this given other reviews, but this was the most underwhelming dish.  It was fine, but really nothing special at all.  As my husband commented, "you ordered mushroom toast at a butcher...what did you expect?"



Beef heart -- we decided to try this since it's rare to see this on menus.  The meat is seared on the outside and rare on the inside, so the texture is a bit chewy.  I enjoyed it but can see how this could be an acquired taste.



Lamb -- this was the big winner.  Meat was very tender, and sauce paired perfectly.



Kale with chickpea -- pretty good.



Crispy layered potato -- delicious; highly recommend.  Cubes of thinly sliced potato layers.



Flourless chocolate cake with chocolate mousse -- pretty good although not the best presentation; I could've had more cake and less mousse.


No comments:

Post a Comment