Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Areppas

Areppas looked promising with its colorful arepas, but sadly it fell a bit short for me.  I tried the Morningside, Uptown, and Downtown.  I got there about 20 minutes before closing on a weekday, and unfortunately they were sold out of the sol and roja arepas, so I could only try the blanca and verde arepas.

Takeaway is the arepas were all really dry, unfortunately.  The verde arepa also didn't seem to have much more flavor than the blanco; not sure if the roja and verde would've been any different.  The fillings on the Morningside (ham, scrambled eggs, cheese) were nothing special, but the fillings for Uptown (pulled pork, avocado, lettuce, jalapeno, tomato) and Downtown (short rib, onion, cheese) were pretty good.  I would prefer a different carb as a conduit to hold my sandwich together though.

No comments:

Post a Comment