Sunday, October 1, 2017

Patisserie Chanson

**Update: I came back and got the black sesame soft serve with kouign amann pieces on what was quite possibly the last warm day of 2017, and boy was I rewarded with amazing deliciousness.  Two thumbs up!



Beautiful bakery -- the kind where you want to spend an entire afternoon sipping coffee and trying one of everything.  The set-up is clean and chic, and all the pastries in the display case are enticingly pretty.

For a first visit, I got the black sesame kouign amann and tried a bit of my friend's earl grey blood orange chocolate cake; both were great.  The black sesame kouign amann seemed a bit hard at first when I was trying to be delicate and was just breaking off pieces from the top, but the interior was perfectly soft and buttery and airy...so just bite into it and you'll get a nice mix of crunch from the caramelized exterior with the soft interior.  It could've used a bit more black sesame flavor, and I think Dominique Ansel still has the best kouign amanns, but overall this was really solid.


No comments:

Post a Comment