Monday, March 12, 2018

Grace Street

Cute cafe to stop by for dessert and drinks.  The go-to item for me (and I'm assuming most people) is the ho-dduk, which you can get to go (either served whole or cut up into quarters) or have there.  I get great satisfaction ordering it to go (uncut) so that I can bite into it, see the liquidy, hot brown sugar syrup, and smell the cinnamon.  It's definitely prettier when cut up and served on a plate with ice cream, but then you don't get as much of the syrup and miss the surprise element of biting and then getting greeted with a strong cinnamon fragrance.  I don't even know if that makes sense.

Anyway, of the other desserts, the snow ice is surprisingly good -- nice and milky texture, not overly sweet either; the beignets are one of the betters ones (and relatively authentic) in the city, although hard to compare to the real deal in New Orleans; and there's a fun selection of waffles and drinks too, among other things.  The only thing I've been disappointed by is the mochi waffle, which barely had any mochi (I was expecting the waffle to have a more mochi-like texture, but it seemed like a pretty normal waffle with just a few sparse pieces of mochi here and there), and the toppings were a bit excessive (but I guess that's what people like to see).

No comments:

Post a Comment