Monday, March 12, 2018

Pelicana Chicken

Given all the hype, I was expecting this to be leaps and bounds ahead of all the other Korean fried chicken places, but while good, my expectations were not close to being met.

We tried the wings with their original spicy sauce and the boneless chicken, extra crispy, with the honey garlic sauce.  I was skeptical about the boneless chicken and was concerned it would be dry, but the guy taking my order convinced me to try it and said it was very popular.  Alas, I should've went with my gut, as the boneless chicken was on the dry side -- not horrible, but certainly not juicy (granted some pieces were better than others).  The wings were better.  

I think regular crispiness would've also been fine; you can definitely taste the difference in extra crispy vs. regular, but I don't think ordering it extra crispy really adds much.

As for the sauces, the honey garlic was as good as people say.  The signature was fine, but less memorable.

Overall, the chicken was fine, but I didn't feel like it was so stand-out to be in its own category.

No comments:

Post a Comment