Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Madame Vo

The pho is definitely the star of the show here.  The broth is very flavorful (a bit of sweetness and tartness to it), but still feels relatively light and "clean."  The extra short rib was worth it too -- it was so tender, I didn't even need the knife they gave us.

The other items were less memorable, which is not to say not good.  The papaya salad came with a lot of shrimp and was not spicy, as I had expected, but I enjoyed it.  The soft shell crab portion was pretty exciting, and it was nicely fried, but the dish didn't really stand out so much that I would order it again.  Finally, we also tried the tet noodle (egg noodle with crab and shrimp).  The noodles were a bit sweet, and the texture was softer than I normally like, but it was overall decent (but not that special).

    

No comments:

Post a Comment