Sunday, February 4, 2018

Meet Fresh

Sometimes I'm still a purist when it comes to Asian desserts, so I'm very happy to have Meet Fresh in NYC now.  I've tried it in Los Angeles and Sydney before, and while I only tried a hot herbal jelly this time, I do think the quality is consistent, and I do really enjoy the desserts.  (So nice to have taro balls and sweet potato balls instead of the "mochi" that got popular in froyo stores and is a common topping at many shaved ice/snow ice places in lieu of traditional rice balls.)

That said, Meet Fresh only just opened, and it doesn't seem like they are quite ready for the masses.  The experience is rather chaotic, and as much as I love and crave traditional Chinese/Taiwanese desserts, I would think thrice before coming again until they get more organized.  Not only have the lines been long, the service has also been incredibly slow.  There shouldn't be a lot of cooking/prep required, yet at times there would be no movement in the line for minutes as the cashier was trying to help direct the assembly line.  I thought I was lucky to go when the line wasn't too horrendous (still inside the main door and not out the door), but I still ended up waiting close to an hour.


Anyway, I hope the lines will simmer down soon and the employees will become more efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment