Sunday, February 25, 2018

Tea Pot Bubble Tea & Wheel Pie

I love "wheel pies" 車輪餅 and am so glad to have this (permanent) spot open in Chinatown, as opposed to relying on the occasional food truck.  

There are both sweet and savory flavors, and I tried the red bean, red bean with tapioca balls, taro, and oreo flavors.  The wheel pie itself was well "cooked" with a perfectly crispy outside, a light and soft texture for the rest of the pie, and a not-too-sweet filling, just the way I like it.  The tapioca balls were also nice and chewy, so I imagine their bubble teas must also be good.  Obviously, the cakes are best when eaten fresh, otherwise they lose the crisp exterior, but you can pop them into the oven to reheat.

Finally, the people are super nice.  I will definitely come back to support a fellow Taiwanese...and I genuinely enjoyed the wheel pies.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment