Sunday, November 6, 2016

Canstruction

I had some extra time to kill today after my calligraphy class downtown, so I went for a stroll at Brookfield Place and was pleasantly surprised by a fun exhibit, Canstruction.  Canstruction is an annual design competition and food charity.  As the name suggests, teams have to create their designs out of unopened canned goods, and at the end of the exhibit, the cans will be donated to City Harvest.  There are currently 25 "cansculptures" on display at Brookfield Place until November 16.

My favorite one is probably the carousel (I love horses!), but they were all pretty cool and definitely unique.  The titles of the projects were just as interesting as the sculptures themselves.  I'd highly recommend stopping by if you're in the area, and bring a can of food to donate too!

No comments:

Post a Comment