Sunday, November 27, 2016

Shanghai Mong

It's been years since I've been here, but I was craving Korean jja jiang myun (black bean noodle) yesterday, so I came.  My go-to is the combo noodle with the jja jiang myun and spicy seafood noodle soup.  Not your best noodles, but it's good comfort food that'll hit the spot.  And for whatever reason, there aren't really that many places (at least not in K-town) that have jja jiang myun, which is a pity.

I remembered other appetizers and entrees to be pretty mediocre though, and sadly that's still the case.  I tried the triple combo yesterday with the 2 noodles (jja jiang myun and spicy seafood noodle soup) and sweet and sour pork, and I should've just stuck with the combo noodles.  The pork was heavily battered and drenched in sauce, so it was soggy.  Just get the noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment