Sunday, November 27, 2016

Midwinter Kitchen

First time coming here yesterday, and I really enjoyed their brunch.  I love brunch, but I feel I've gotten spoiled and am rarely impressed by brunch menus, but Midwinter Kitchen was a delightful surprise.  So good it's going on my NYC Eats list.

The braised steak hash and eggs dish was done very well.  The steak was tender and plentiful.  The potatoes were still a bit crispy.  The balance of flavor as well as food groups was perfect.  I usually get very excited about anything "hash" on menus, but most places give you a bunch of potatoes and not enough of everything else, but Midwinter has a winning combination.

We were also trying to decide between the popular spiced chickpea hash and the farmer's skillet special and ultimately went for the special since I'm sure the chickpea hash will still be on the menu next time.  The farmer's skillet was a mushroom ragu over polenta and braised kale, topped with a poached egg.  I really also liked this dish, although between the two, the winner was the braised steak hash.

Happy to say I'll definitely come back to try other things!


Braised steak hash and eggs
Farmer's skillet

No comments:

Post a Comment