Monday, November 14, 2016

Momokawa

We tried a few appetizers and sushi tonight, and I would say the food is decent but not amazing.  It seems they are known for shabu shabu and sukiyaki, which we didn't order, so perhaps we'll come back to try and their ramen next time.

-Kaminari Konnyaku (spiced yam cake) -- very tasty and chewy



-Snow crab appetizer -- light and good crab; met but did not exceed expectations

-Kara age -- decent fried chicken, but personally I wasn't a fan of the batter (crispy outside, but a bit cakey on inside)


-Yellowtail collar -- I have a high bar since this is one of my favorite dishes, and this fell a bit short for me; flavorful, but a bit dry



-Sushi entree -- good assortment (even included chu toro (medium fatty tuna)); decent but not amazing quality; sushi rice a bit hard



No comments:

Post a Comment