Sunday, April 30, 2017

Coffeemania

I've been meaning to try Coffeemania for a while because the dinner menu and desserts sounded amazing, but sadly I thought it was only okay.

For starters, the service was extremely slow.  My friends and I came for a late dinner, and it was mostly empty (just a few other tables), but for whatever reason, it took forever in between courses.  We were a large group, so I know that slows things down a bit, but there was no reason dinner should've taken about 2 hours at a casual joint like this.

As for the food, the appetizers we tried were average.  The brussel sprouts were very crispy (more so than usual), the calamari was also extremely crispy (in my opinion, too much batter and overfried), and the wings were not standout.

The entrees were better.  The sea bass was nicely cooked with good consistency.  The sauce on the duck was also very good.  The risotto was heavy, but it was good for a few bites (we shared, so didn't have to eat it all by myself; otherwise, the risotto might've been too heavy).  The pasta nera wasn't that memorable.

As for my favorite food group, desserts, I was a bit disappointed.  We tried the smetannyk (layered sour cream cake), which was too sweet, and the "happiness" caramel cake, which was okay; if you're a caramel lover you would probably like it.  Not bad, but sort of underwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment