Monday, April 24, 2017

Mikey Likes It (Ice Cream)

 I was most excited to try this place because of the waffle ice cream sandwiches -- I love waffles, and I love ice cream.

On the pros -- the flavors all sounded wonderful, and the guys were super friendly and let me sample a bunch of flavors.  They all tasted great, as it's pretty hard not to like creamy ice cream that's mixed with a bunch of goodies, like cookies and brownies and chocolate, but if I had to nitpick, the mocha flavor in the Foxy Brown wasn't strong enough for a coffee ice cream, and the Black Street chocolate tasted more like milk chocolate than dark chocolate.  But plenty of other good flavors to pick from to suit your liking.

On the cons -- we tried the red velvet waffle (flavors today were original and red velvet), and I was disappointed by the waffle and wished I just got 2 scoops of ice cream instead of a Mac Daddy.  I personally like my waffles a bit crunchy, but these waffles were too soft and chewy and doughy for me.  Also, the waffles are made fresh to order, which is a plus, but the steam and heat from the waffles melts the ice cream pretty quickly, and even though they give a very big scoop of ice cream, by the end, I ran out of ice cream and was left with soggy waffles (and I am not a slow eater of ice cream).  I guess if you like soft waffles, that would be okay, since the waffles soak up a lot of the ice cream, but again, my personal preference is for crunchy waffles, and I would've preferred a traditional cone here.

No comments:

Post a Comment