Monday, April 24, 2017

Ducks Eatery

Above average brunch with a differentiated menu, which I definitely appreciate.

 Pumpkin waffle with fried duck confit -- the waffle was light, and the walnuts and fixings went well with it.  I was really excited about fried duck confit instead of just fried chicken, and it did not disappoint.  The skin was crispy, and the meat was still juicy inside.

 Smoked brisket hash -- I really enjoyed the flavor, although the brisket could've been a little more tender and soft.  Good meat to potato (btw it's purple potato!) ratio, i.e. healthy portion of meat. 

 Eggs pontchartrain -- I only tried a bite of my friend's, but the egg was perfectly done.  The fish was flaky and a tad bit salty, but overall good.  I heard the maple sweet potato home fries were too sweet though.

 Beignets -- since beignets are one of my favorite things (I've been scouring the city trying to find good, authentic ones), I obviously had to try these.  They weren't bad, but were not fluffy and airy enough.  The chocolate sauce on the side, although not authentic to beignets, was pretty delicious though.

Overall good quality and fun meal, and I'd be interested in coming back to try dinner as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment