Sunday, April 30, 2017

KazuNori | The Original Hand Roll Bar

KazuNori is a perfect example of "Keep It Simple Stupid"; simplicity done well just works. My favorite part of Sugarfish was the hand rolls (felt the actual sushi there was only okay, but that's another story), so I was excited to stick to the hand rolls and try more variety here.

You can choose from their set menu of 3, 4, 5, or 6 hand rolls and/or order a la carte. I really liked the toro and the scallop, but the blue crab and lobster were my favorites. If I had to nitpick, it would just be that the temperature differential between the delicious, warm rice and the cold fish was too big and very noticeable; I think it would've been better if the fish was more room temperature.

To manage expectations, I would note that this is not "gourmet" or high end sushi/hand rolls, but I think it's quite good for a fast and casual, but specialized joint...sort of like the Shake Shack of hand rolls, if that makes sense -- not high end, but well done for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment