Saturday, September 24, 2016

Bibble & Sip

Super cute bakery and cafe most famous for their cream puffs.  If you haven't seen the video, you can watch it here.

I was in the area yesterday and had some time before a Broadway show, so I decided to treat myself to some cream puffs and much more.  (I clearly don't see a problem with having dessert for dinner.)

Monthly special: malted vanilla soft serve, with green tea and normal fudge, crumbly bits, and green tea sponge cake chunks.  The ice cream and green tea fudge were delicious, and any crunchy/crumbly/cookie bits are always welcome, although I didn't care for the green tea sponge cake pieces, and there were a lot of them.

Matcha and Earl Grey cream puffs: I'm not even a cream puff person, but I could eat these any day.  They look so big, but they disappear within a few bites.  I enjoy both, but maybe a very slight preference for the green tea.
    

Black sesame hazelnut crunch mousse cake: Oh em gee.  I love black sesame.  I love hazelnut.  I love crunchy bits.  I love dark chocolate (cake).  I had high expectations given the ingredients, and I'm pleased to say it lived up to expectations.

Milk bun (filled with pb&j): This was only okay.  The bun itself was a bit dry and dense, making the overall pastry dry and heavy.  Flavor was good, but this would not be my go-to form for pb&j.
  

I still have yet to order coffee (did get matcha hot chocolate once in the winter though, and that was tasty), but all the latte art and teddy bear and alpaca faces are adorable.

If that's not enough reason to visit, their logo is "BS all you want" and their mascot is an alpaca..."because alpacas are awesome too." 

No comments:

Post a Comment