Sunday, September 25, 2016

Craftbar

I went with a large group of friends for dinner, and we were able to sample a lot of the appetizers and desserts in addition to individual mains.  Overall, the food was decent, but nothing that special, considering the hype that comes with these celebrity chef restaurants.

Appetizers: whipped ricotta toast was my favorite; anchovy and soft egg toast was decent; pecorino fonduta was fine but nothing special...I expected a lot better; kielbasa was okay; beets were sub-par.

Mains: smoked duck breast was very smoky and on the salty side and slightly overcooked, but the mole sauce was great; quail with corn and pretzel stuffing was pretty good.

  

Dessert: milk and cookies were good, carrot cake was a twist on the classic and well done, chocolate tart was not that special.
  

Cocktails: The Great Pretender (mezcal, chocolate-mint, lime, cava) was delicious and the best part of dinner, in my opinion.  (I'm not alcoholic.)  It came with a lot of foliage, but that foliage was dusted with powdered sugar (yippee!  I am a sugarholic).


No comments:

Post a Comment