Sunday, September 25, 2016

High Street on Hudson

We went for brunch after hearing many good things, but I think this would be another spot where I've enjoyed the food, but haven't found it to be so special or outstanding that I would go out of my way to return.

Bodega sandwich: I enjoyed the biscuit, the eggs were fluffy, and the sauce was good too.  That said, the clear, overwhelming taste is the sausage, and it masks the other flavors a bit.  Personally, sausage is not my preferred breakfast or sandwich meat, but I still liked the sandwich overall.


Pastrami and hash sandwich: this one fell a bit short; there was a lot of hash and next to no pastrami.  Pastrami is a heavy meat, but I could barely taste it over the hash.  I found myself picking out the hash and eating it separately in an attempt to balance the sandwich more and actually taste the pastrami.

Duck meatball sub: a good sandwich, but not something  I'd care to order again.  The liver taste was stronger than I expected, so if you're not a  fan of liver, this won't be for you.


Date and almond oatcake: this was the best item for me.  The salt from the buttery pastry nicely balanced out the sweet filling, and the texture felt light and slightly crunchy, almost like a biscuit.  Other pastries looked good too, so may be worth trying more of their bakery items.

No comments:

Post a Comment